AIR and NOISE POLLUTION INDEX
This index represents the potential air and noise pollution primarily from road, rail and aircraft. For every point on a 100m grid, we calculated, summed and scored:
- Modelled traffic-related nitrogen dioxide levels within 100m
- Major roads within 250m
- Railways within 500m
- Major airports within 1000m
- Small airports within 500m
- Ambulance and fire stations, and helipads within 500m
- Road, rail, aircraft, ambulance and fire stations and helipads: Open Street Map
- Modelled nitrogen dioxide levels: Hystad et al 2014-2016
COMMUNITY AMENITIES INDEX
This index represents the density of destinations within a typical walking distance of 1000m. For every point on a 100m grid, we calculated, summed and scored:
- Transit stops – bus stops, rail stops, etc.
- Culture and entertainment- museums, churches, restaurants, etc.
- Education – kindergarten to Grade 12, universities, ESL schools, etc.
- Healthy food outlets – grocery stores, butcher shops, markets, etc.
- Services – banks, health and medical clinics, etc.
- Shopping – retail fashion, hardware, housewares, etc.
- Locations for all destinations: Open Street Map
PARKS AND RECREATION INDEX